Tuesday, 26 April 2011

A background to my interest in dreams

Right from being a very small child I have had the most vivid dreams, most were nightmares which would wake me in the night and I would have to go wake my parents I was so scared to go back to sleep.  Obviously this drove them crazy after a few years and they took me to the doctors :p lol!  I was prescribed some medicine to "help me sleep"  it actually knocked me clean out!  Anyway, thankfully they didn't continue giving me the medicine after a while and if nothing else I learnt not to go wake them up haha :)  These dreams were so real to me and often involved me thinking I had woken from one to find I was actually still in it almost like "you were tricked into feeling safe" I don't know how to phrase that differently but that was the kind of feeling I got. 

I know my Grandfather also had the most terrible nightmares but he was so interested in this stuff he would come downstairs and chat about it with my Grandmother with such enthusiasm I actually think he enjoyed them lol.  He was into any kind of horror though, movies and books and recorded his own dreams in a little book,  I never got to see that though I would have liked to.

As an adult I have continued to have the nightmares along with other things happening in my sleep that has just added further interest to me.  I dream of every single person I have been close to and has died, this isn't unusual of course but we have the most in depth conversations about life and things that happened, I will give an example in a later post where one of my dreams was considered to give a message to someone, I am not a believer in this so it disturbed me a bit, I remain open minded about these things though.  I have also woken from dreams to turn around and see my body still lying there on the bed, ("you were tricked into feeling safe" lol) obviously still asleep, again I will post later about that on the different things that have been suggested about it.

So before I go further with anymore posts on this, I would just like to let you know that I have been provided with a technique now through a friend using NLP to help me through all of this and it works for me.  Its great because its a technique that will still allow me to explore my dreams if I choose to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment